Friday, October 19, 2018

I am sitting here wondering what to write next

And I don't have a clue.

I just read where the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences sent out an email with the subject line of "Party with Spooks" and shortly thereafter sent out a letter of apology.

Yes, I am aware that the term 'spook' can have racial connotations but that's at the bottom of my list of definitions for the word.

The first definition that comes to mind is a CIA agent.

The second definition is a scary Halloween type of spirit.

The third is the racial connotation referring to blacks.

It's obvious that the second definition applies here so I fail to see where the Houston Museum has anything to apologize for.

If the black/white liberal community has taken issue with this it is another case of creating a problem where there is none and simply of looking for something to feel offended about. 

They get no sympathy from me.  




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment