Monday, February 11, 2019

Some of our laws are designed to protect idiots from themselvess.

Today a rookie cop said something to me about the frost on my pickup. He was not chiding me, he was commenting on the number of idiots that drive off from out from under a snowbank with their cars covered with snow.

I asked him how he dealt with it and he said he generally gives he violator a lecture if they seem halfway decent. It they get belligerent they get a ticket. Either way they have to clean off the snow before they can get back on the road.

I told him I wouldn't bother because it is an idiot law. It is designed to protect idiots from their own stupid behavior. Anyone that tailgates someone with two feet of snow on their roof gets what they deserve when the snow blows off and covers their windshield.

Let Darwin settle it, I told him. He surprised me by admitting he was a Darwinist, too.

He snickered and replied that the ONLY reason he didn't let things play out that way is because the  paperwork that accompanies an accident investigation is a long, drawn out affair and it's just a whole lot easier to make someone clean the snow off of their roof.

The truth is that when my pickup is snow covered I look at the snow. If it is wet and sticky I do brush it off.

If it is a light, powdery snow I simply clear the windshield, side and rear glass off and drive through the plan and let it blow off. There's never anyone behind me and by the time I get to the main road the snow is long gone.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment