Sunday, February 17, 2019

The more laws we put on the books the less effective the rule of law becomes.

As usual, people only obey laws they believe in.

Take a drive on an interstate highway some time and drive the speed limit. Watch people go whizzing by you.

Look at how many high capacity magazines have been turned in in New Jersey and other places that have banned them. A VERY small handful.

Look at the drug problem we have. Narcotics are entering the country daily and there is enough of some stuff entering the country to kill us all.

The country enacts laws and states and cities refuse to enforce or aid in enforcing them. Sanctuary states actually aid and abet people that are breaking these laws.

Some states have enacted gun control laws and have had county sheriffs simply state they will not enforce them.

It pretty much works its way down from the feds to the individual. 

The feds break their own laws and the state/city breaks state, federal and county laws. It works its way down.

The older I get the less I tend to look and see what a law says. If our elected officials allow themselves to be exempt from laws they pass there is no real reason for s guy like me to obey the laws they enact.

I guess a lot of us little guys simply chose to live responsibly and simply do the right thing.

One example is how I drive. I simply adjust my speed to my surroundings. I don't drive very fast going through plans where there is a chance of kids playing and stay observant when I see kids.

I don't do this because someone posted a sign. I do it because its the right thing to do.

Still, as we look at the system disobeying its own rules and regulations many of us have simply decided that we are going to pretty much ignore what government tries to tell us to do.

If government won't obey their own rules then why should I?









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment