Thursday, March 7, 2019

At a gas station.

A two pump situation and some jerk pulls in and stops at the FIRST pump instead of pulling down to the second pump and making room for someone else.

I looked at the clown for a second and saw him go into the store to pre pay. He was adding insult to injury. I was going to be there a while...or maybe not.

I went around and backed into the pump he should have pulled into in the first place, swiped my card and started fueling.

There was a happy looking pudgy woman on the other side of the pump fueling her car. She looked around the pump and said to me "I saw what you did. That guy behind you was pretty ignorant. Could I buy you a cup of coffee?"

I admit that I was surprised but shot back, "Young lady, are you trying to pick me up? I am an old man well over twice your age and if nothing else I am flattered."

"Well, ahhh..., yes and no," she replied. "Let's talk about that later. It's worth two bucks to see that guy have to sit there a while. You can see someone is behind him. He can't get out until you let him. It's worth two bucks to watch him get pissed off."

I liked this chick instantly. I gave her my standard line. "Marry me and I will take you away from all of this. We will move into a little house in the suburbs withe a white picket fence around it and raise 2.3 children and spend our lives in wedded bliss."

She laughed. "Maybe we can have horrible domestic fights and get on the Jerry Springer show!"

I had met my equal, my kind of person.

It was all bull$hit and I recognised it instantly. I took her up on her cup of coffee offer and we got to watch the fool back up after he fueled. The guy that was behind him had decided not to wait. He pulled away from the pumps and went into the store. He was not pined in but he had to back up in cramped quarters.


He had to come forward and cut his wheels. Then he had to back up again and then come forward and cut them again. Finally he was able to drive off.

I was drinking her coffee at the time. She was the one that was amused. So was I , actually.

The clown had to come forward, back up and repeat the process at least three times. She and I laughed ourselves silly. We watched it together.

I suppose I could have bought the coffee but I would like to consider myself wise enough to think she got her money's worth and I'd be damned if I would have insulted her by offering to pay.

She was nothing more or less than a minimum wage worker that made her decision as to how to spend her her money. She bought me a small cup of coffee.

In my opinion she got one hell of a laugh for a buck.  

I wasn't going to take her dignity from her.













To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment