Tuesday, March 26, 2019

It works!

There is now a magnetic sign on the tailgate of my pickup.

Danger
Manual Transmission
Vehicle may
Roll Backwards

I do not believe I have owned an automatic transmission since around 1971. I can hold the rig steady on any hill with the clutch. I have no problems whatsoever.

I put that sign there to keep people off my ass at stoplights and it seems to work. While it doesn't eliminate the annoyance it certainly minimizes it.

Yesterday when I stopped at a red light the woman behind me pulled up, saw the sign and backed up a bit.

We were facing downhill!

I do believe I would put this on a vehicle with an automatic transmission because it works so well.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Preventing a car from rolling with the clutch is rough on the clutch. Have you tried using the parking brake instead? Just another way of doing something...

    ReplyDelete