Saturday, March 9, 2019

Yesterday was one of THOSE days.

It started when I was out early and stopped in for a cup of coffee at a convenience store way north of home. 

I said, "Good morning, Gorgeous" to the clerk and found out she was an SJW type that snapped at me and told me that she was NOT gorgeous. So much for trying to be cheerful and friendly.

'My bad," I replied. "Besides being ugly you're pretty stupid, too." I shot back. Now take my money and I'm outta here."

The woman behind me clearly looked quite amused. I turned to her and told her I try to be kind and stay that way until someone comes looking for a fight then I oblige them.

She laughed and said I sure put up a good fight! She had no sympathy for the little twit, either.

The day grew more and more surrealistic.

Outside someone saw my Universal Life Minister sticker and asked me why it was on my truck. It wasn't out of simple curiosity. It was just plain nosiness. I hate nosy.

"Because I'm a f***ing minister, Asshole. You got a problem with that?" I shot back.

He looked horrified, snapped his jaw shut and walked off rather quickly in an indignant self righteous huff. That's the second time I have done that in about three or four years and I admit it is funny as hell to see someone go into shock after I do that. 

Some guy my age heard it and laughed. I turned to him and told him that if I had know that being a grumpy old man was going to be so much fun I would have grown older about twenty years earlier. That really made him laugh. I told him us old guys have to stick together and he agreed 100%.

It didn't change until after I left a Verizon shop. I'm trying to swap ISPs now and the two big ones here in town make it a miserable experience. Nobody wants to sell internet only. They try and trap you into bundles and I don't want a land line anymore and I damned well don't want cable.

I guess too many of us have cut the cable and they are trying to force us back into the fold but I'm not having it.

They DO sell an ISP package for about $40/month but I can't stream with it. It is actually about the same to bundle all three than get a decent ISP alone. Maybe even a little cheaper.

I left Verizon frustrated.

The whole thing is very vexing and sometimes I want to drag the fat guy in a suit with a big cigar out of his office and pummel the holy hell out of him but it's against the law.

While maybe it SHOULD be against the law, they don't want me on the jury for someone that did beat up some muckety much because I do believe I would be quite tempted to hang the jury....

In top of that I am driving a new rental while my beloved pickup is in the shop. I was parked and got hit. The guy that hit me was honest and has made it good but it means I am stuck with a new vehicle and it is an annoyance.

I asked for the simplest machine they had but it's still a little too complex for my tastes. I learned from the last time because I turn my cell phone off when I get into it so the car doesn't bug me to tie my cell phone into its system.

Sometimes I feel I would be a lot better off with a '62 Dodge pickup with a four speed and a slant six with a manual choke. I like simple vehicles.

I can't wait to get my beloved Taco back. I'm tired of trying to step on a clutch pedal that isn't there.

I did have a nice fish dinner to end the day, though. Cod cooked in orange juice, peas and Cole's Law. 








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment