Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Fixing the old range.

The oven control knob split on the old range and instead of throwing the whole range away I decided to fix it.

I ordered the 'universal set' from AMazon and it came with adapters for practically every gas range out there except mine. However the knob was exactly what I wanted. Off to Ace Hardware.

At Ace I found knob set for an electrical range that came with adapters, one of which measured to being a good fit.

Seeing that the electrical range knob wouldn't work I looked and saw that the set came from the same outfit I bought the set from on Amazon. I took a chance and bought it.


Luck was with me. With Ace's adapters and Amazon's knob I am up and running. 

It's a pain in the ass but sometimes you have to think outside of the box.



A couple of times I have rewired old lamps by purchasing a new lamp on sale and stripping them for parts because it was cheaper than buying the parts themselves.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment