Monday, March 25, 2019

My cat and a QSO.

I was trying to bust through a real mess of a pileup in California once.

The cat jumped up, flicked his tail and changed the frequency on my rig. It landed on another pile up.

I figured WTF. One pileup is as good as another so I kept trying to bust through. I did on the third try and when I did I told the station that my cat was responsible and I needed his call sign.

When you are working a pileup you are supposed to have it before you enter the fray.

"Your CAT?" he asked, somewhat confused.

"Yeah, my cat," i said. "I was working a pileup in California and the cat jumped up and flicked his tail on my VFO and sent me from California to here. I said the hell with it. One pileup is as good as another and kept working it and here I am."

He laughed like hell, gave me his call sign and location.

And that is how I got Kuwait in  my logbook for the first time.



A day later he looked up my email on my QRZ page and sent me an email telling me it was the funniest thing that ever happened to him on the air and NOT to send me any money for a QSL card.

The card arrived about a week later and I know mine was still on the way.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment