Tuesday, March 19, 2019

I have hit woman's colleges a time or two on this blog and

I think I'll hit them again.

I wonder how many of them sit around telling each other how empowered they are and how they don't need men to do things for them yet change a flat tire by standing next to the car looking helpless like some damsel in distress.

Then they return to class and brag to their classmates how they suckered some guy into doing it for them.

Over the years I have seen a number of people on the PA turnpike with flat tires and I have often stopped to help.

The one that makes me laugh was the woman in her late 20s that had all sorts of feminist stickers on her car.

I simply cracked the lug nuts for her and told her that was probably the part that she didn't have the strength to do herself and that she was now on her own. She got upset so I offered to teach her how.

She looked pretty annoyed as I told he to get out the jack and pointed out where to put it and how to raise the car. She did it but it was plain she was looking for a sucker to do her dirty work for her as do a lot of so-called feminists.

I guess she couldn't go back to her friends and brag about some sucker of a man changing her tire for her.

My all time favorite was when I saw what appeared to be a well dressed woman getting the jack out of her trunk. I pulled over and took one look at her. She was professionally dressed in a woman's suit, heels and makeup and saw me and asked me if I would be so kind to crack the lug nuts if they were stuck. It was obvious that she planned on changing her own tire.

I looked at her and told he she was too well dressed to be changing a tire and simply took the jack from her.

She told me she was on her way to a business meeting of some sort and was perfectly capable of taking care of herself. 

I told her I knew she could but was offering her a chance to stay clean simply as a courtesy and she readily accepted.

It took maybe ten or fifteen minutes and while I was working I told her about the little chickie-poo with the sticker clad car and what I did. She laughed and said it was deserved.

She offered me some cash which I refused and then offered to buy me lunch at the next rest area which I accepted and we talked a while. She was a career woman, divorced with a long term boyfriend that had a career of his own.

Her thing was that she was wise enough to realize that you can't really have your cake and eat it, too. She had opted for a career. What I also found interesting is that she was not a farm girl. I had assumed that because she was comfortable with changing a tire.

Raised by her father? Nope. Both parents. She was comfortable around men because she was comfortable with herself.

The biggest thing that they taught her is that nothing is free and that nobody owes you anything.

They also taught her a thing called COMPETENCE. She could take care of herself. She was also gracious and appeared to be flexible.She had a personality and although she was a businesswoman  I suspect she would have done quite well as a truck stop waitress if times got hard. That says a LOT for a woman!

Looking back on it I may have cheated her. She could have walked into a business meeting with a couple of dirty marks on her clothing and quietly commented that she had to change a tire along the way and commanded a lot of respect for it because there are a lot of men that can't.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment