Tuesday, March 5, 2019

They grow up fast.

I was chatting with one of the local moms the other day and I have watched her kids grow up. I commented to her about having to have someone ashore to do things like pick up mail and other little things. Her 14 year old daughter was with her.

I looked at the daughter and said, "If I didn't have Mrs Pic around I suppose I'd have to marry someone like you." Her mother smirked.

The daughter simply replied, "Wait until I get my driver's license so you can buy me a car as a wedding present." All three of us shared a laugh.

There was something comfortable and confident about the way she said it that reminded me that maybe even last year she would have had a hard time with a comment like that. 

She's growing into a pretty confident young lady and it's a joy to watch the young ones grow up.

I hope again that I run into one of the kids I played baseball with yers ago. They must be in their mid 30s by now and it's been a while since one of them has been by. Time flies and it's well been over 20 years since I hit the home run that broke the grouch's window and about a decade since one of them saw me in the yard and stopped for a beer.

Time flies.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment