Sunday, January 30, 2011

I am finally back to normal again

One of the things that happens to a lot of us seamen takes place either when we arrive back to work or when we get home.

Getting back into the swing of things can take a couple of days.

Sleep patterns have to adjust and bowel and bladder habits also have to readjust as well as feeding schedules and eating habits.

A lot of people in my business have two totally seperate life styles and therefore have adjustments to make. I think the guys with a larger family have more things to deal with.

Years ago I had problems coming home as the generator on board here runs 24/7.

Although it isn't loud as it is in a seperate area, it does provide a background noise. The silence of it shutting down will wake a sailor up instantly. The lack of the background noise used to make it hard for me to sleep so I used to run something for background noise. A fan was pretty good in the summer. Shutting the fan off would wake me instantly.

These days making te switch from ship to shore or shore to ship is a little easier, but there are still quite a number of things that have not changed.

I am now back to my sea schedule, and now everything is OK.

Of course, when I get off I will have to return to my shoreside schedule.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment