Monday, January 10, 2011

We are getting ready to get off of this pig and go home for a while and that is a good thing.

What isn't a good thing is that we are expecting snow tomorrow andon top of that the weather back home just plain sucks.

I just wish I could talk Mrs Pic into going to Bermuda or someplace warm for a week or so. Maybe not Bermuda, as it is now in a rainy season, but that would be a lot better than being cold like it is going to be in Pittsburgh when I get home.

I am not really a picky traveler and could easily get by camping out in the pickup bedand do something like a Florida trip on the cheap, but if I were to go with Mrs Pic we would get a civilized motel room of something along those lines.

As I write this mmaybe something along the lines of renting a sailboat for a few days would be the ticket as I think she really might like that. A relaxed few days of living in a Marina would probably be pretty good for her and I wouldn't mind it myself.

For me I could go along with just about anything so loong as it is in a warm place that isn't too buggy and snake-ridden. I suppose snake ridden isn't too bad if they don't eat too much or bite. Buggy is out of the question.

I just simply can't stand the cold weather.

It wasn't all that long ago that I was considered to be about as immune to the weather as a hemlock stump, but as I have gotten older the cold has bothered me a little more. These days I work out on deck dressed like Nanook of the North. I never used to do that unless it was sub-zero out.

Now if it gets into the 20s I don the itchulated overalls and pac boots.

All in all I suppose it is because I really don't like wearing a whole lot of clothes. Deep down I'm probably a baggy shorts and T-shirt kind of guy.

Going home to cold weather sucks.

At least I have a halfway decent central heating system,though


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I was at my bank this morning doing some business, while I was there I overheard a couple talking with a loan agent about their long-term plans, and they said they wanted a 60+ foot sailboat. Instantly I thought a post you made a while back about how you know if someone's talking out their rear about getting a sailboat to retire or whatever on.

    Now, I want a sailboat too, and I don't have the cash to do it quite yet - but I do have the cash to open up a side savings account and stash some money there every month until I can afford that boat. And thats exactly what I did. It'll be a couple years before theres enough in there, but instead of talking about it, I'm doing something about it. *nods*

    Thanks Piccolo.

    ReplyDelete