Monday, January 31, 2011

I am making an exception to my policy about product endorsements.

Generally I do not endorse products but something has happened over the past couple of days.

When I bought the Taco a while back the cap off of the old Taco no longer fit because the bed on the newer model was bigger. I was going to get a cap somewhere but opted fo a hard ABS tonneau instead because I was tired of having too many close calls backing into things due to the blind spot a cap creates.

I opted for a thing called an Armor Lid. It's been great. It works, is easy to use, locks and is very weather tight. Of course, I had expected all of this.

When I got it they supplied me with the obligatory set of 2 keys which were, unfortunately of a type I could not seem to have made locally, but no fear. A call to the Armor Lid people had another couple of keys in the mail for short money, or maybe they didn't even charge me at all. I forgot, to be honest.

Anyway, there is a guarentee they started shortly after I bought mine. Five years for everything but the struts, which are guarenteed for two years.

I didn't register for the guarentee, as I was unaware of the plan.

It seems that the cold weather has knocked the starch out of the gas struts and I started looking for replacements. I went to their web site and asked them how much replacement struts were and explained that the tonneau had never been registered under the warranty program.

In a very short time I got a return email.

"No problem, Piccolo. We have your name in out customer base and you are good to go. We'll send you out a new set of struts for free."

That's pretty good if you ask me.

I was expecting to have to cough up and have just gotten a pleasant surprise.

I'd buy another.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment