Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am home and back in businesss.

I ended up driving in at about 2200 last night to a pretty much snowed in driveway which wasn't too bad as I could easily park. Last night after I got inside and poured myself a Cognac, it started snowing again and by kept at it until about 1200 local time. It was pretty deep, say 8" and I know by the weather forecasts it is not going to go away.

I fired up the brand new Jim Dandy snow blower and blew out half of the entire driveway in a few minutes. Then I moved the truck and blew out the other half. It's a fairly big driveway and total running time was about 20 minutes. Not a bad deal.

Someone asked me why I got such a large machine and the reason is that bigger machines are more efficient and a whole lot easier to use. A lot of people do not understand that generally speaking a large machine is self-propelled and more efficient.

This behemoth was a snap to operate and I believe it will be easy to operate when I grow old and feeble.

All I really had to do is operate the controls and let the machine do the work. Although it is big and cumbersome, I just had to guide it. With a smaller unit I would be forced to supply more oomph.

The trick with this sized unit is to be patient and simply run it with the gears. You just back it up by using reverse instead af yarding at around with your muscles.

Twenty minutes to do the entire driveway is a snap.

=============================================

In the comments section of an earlier post, someone wrote that they heard somebody having a pipe dream about a 60 foot sailboat. The commenter pointed out that he is presently saving for a much smaller vessel.

I'd bet that the guy is going to wind up with a smaller vessel and will probably sail the holy hell out of it.

Maybe tomorrows post will be about smaller sailboats, and getting one and preparing it for adventuring.

We'll see.

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment