Monday, December 5, 2011

Have a good Monday

Well, it's Monday.

Of course for me that means nothing. I do not have to go to work today as I am on shore leave.

However, for an awful lot of people this morning it is time to switch from weekend mode and return to spinning the wheels of industry.

For some the gray flannel suit comes out of the closet and on goes the necktie and well shined shoes. For others it's a work uniform and work shoes. For some happy souls, I suppose they don a business casual outfit that was thrown out by a bag lady somewhere along the line. I would imagine that roofers, commercial fishermen and a lot of people who have a job that tears up clothing fall into this latter catagory.

The rule of thumb for seaman is not to wear anything at work that can't be replaced at a garage sale for more than a quarter.

Back in the service it was pretty much a snap as to what you would wear to work. Every Monday morning I would wake up and look into my locker and announce to my roomie, "I think I'll wear my green shirt today." Of course he would give me a smug look.

That was actually a pretty good time as far as work clothes went. The style was set and that was simply that. There were no choices. You put on your uniform.

Anyway, here's a post dedicated to those that get up and put on their work clothing and go out the door to wherever it is that they earn a living. These people are the ones that make our nation what it is today.

Have a good Monday.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment