Saturday, December 10, 2011

Neighbor Tom, who is not Neighbor Bob pulled a pretty good one last night.

I was over his place for a bit and he mantioned having something wrong with him that made the doctor recommend drinking a lot of cranberry juice. He poured himself a pretty good sized glass of it and left about 1 1/2 inches of the top of the glass empty.

"Cranberry juice is good for the liver," he said. "Alcohol in not."

With that he filled the rest of the glass with vodka.

"Time to slap the hell out of the liver, make it do flip-flops and show it who's boss," he said, downing a healthy dollop.

I like that. I might have to add that drink to my list except for one thing. It is a sneaky drink. It goes down like water and sneaks up and wallops you from behind.

In New England they call it a 'Cape Codder' and in Kodiak they call it a Kiska. Still, no matter what you call it it is a pretty good way to wake up wondering what the hell happened last night si while I am not going to add it to my list of favorite beverages, I will keep it in mind for those times when it is a good idea to make the liver do flip-flops.

After all, sometimes you do have to make sure the liver knows who is boss.
-----------------------------------------------
===========================




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment