Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I have cheated death again. I made it hoe.

For the first 40 or 50 miles the drive home last night was a but iffy because of what seemed to be a large number of drivers that did not know what they were doing.

In the beginning of my odyessy traffic was heavy, to boot.

After a while things thinned out a bit and I began rolling down the highway and the rest of the ride home was uneventful.

Before I left I heard a pretty good story from one of the guys.

Apparently a hooker set up shop in the motel we generally stay in and she was trolling. She made a mistake by asking Milt if he 'wanted any company'. While Milt is generally considered to be nowhere as mischievious as I am, every blue moon he comes out with one out of nowhere.

He politely refused her offer and she told him that if he changed his mind she would be in room such and such.

A few minutes later Milt was in his car getting something and saw a Monopoly game in the floor of the back seat that belonged to his kids. He grabbed it and brought it into his room along with his basic travel kit.

He then called his shipmate and grabbed the Monopoly game and the pair of them headed up to the room occupied by the hooker. Both of these characters are from the Carolinas and can turn on the Gomer Pyle/naive country boy act  pretty well when they want.

So the hooker answers the door and Milt in his naive country boy was said that it was a shame that such a pretty girl should have to spend the holidays alone and if she wanted company they would come in and play Monopoly with her.

I have to give those two credit because they played the innocent little country boy right down to the end and after the hooker finally spelled out her line of work to the pair.

They were all 'gosh-golly-gee-whiz, whoda ever thought?' about it as they shuffled off to head over to the diner to get something to eat.

I can picture those two. While Milt is seldom given to mischief, the other guy as great company. He's a First Class screwball. I can hear him in my head walking down the balcony saying to Milt, "My daddy warned me about women like that."

If it had been me, I would have steered pretty clear of the hooker. Although what Milt and Company did was pretty  innocent fun, about half the hookers in Philly are not hookers. They are police vice stings and they have a bad reputation for simply hauling in people for nothing just to enhance revenue. The best policy in Philly is to simply say nothing at all to hookers and just keep moving.








my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment: