Monday, August 13, 2012

di it for the children

Do it for the children.




A while ago some gun control advocate gave me the well worn plea of "Do it for the children."



"Screw the children," I snapped. "If you are too lazy or irresponsible to take the time to supervise them and keep them out of throuble than simply do not have them."



Of course I got the quivering lower lip treatment that told me that she was getting ready to turn on the waterworks. She didn't and I suppose that is a good thing because when someone does that I simply hammer them a whole lot harder. The waterworks treatment does not work for me one bit. I have been around too damned long to fall for that crap.



However, I did offer to do something for the children and as to be expected, my offer shocked the hell our of the woman.



I told her I would cheerfully start holding people responsible for their actions and deeds and I would do away with the majority of government programs and subsidies that have given our treasury away to people that have done nothing but fail. I told her I would make damned good and sure that student loans were being repaid. I told her that I would be willing to make welfare a thing of the past and that I would do my best to stop subsidies to businesses that are being paid not to produce. I would do away with 20 and out pensions payable to people that retire in mid-career.



I told her that I would be willing to do away with federal programs that reenforce failure and waste money and that I would do away with just about all of the Great Society programs that came out of the 60s.



She looked at me in shock. "Why would you do that?" She asked.



"Because the children of today are going to have to pay for what we are doing now and will receive no benefit out of it whatsoever. What I will do for the children is try to give them some sort of a clean slate to start off with instead of having to pay for the failed programs of their parents and grandparents. That is doing one hell of a lot more for them than taking away their Second Amendment rights." I replied.






my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment