Sunday, August 19, 2012

Today will be a day of administrative chores

 left over from my radio activities at Camp Perry.




The QSL cards have arrived and I have a bunch of them to fill out, and I'll get them in the mail when they are all ready. I think I am going to hold out for a bit and mail them all at once as it ought to be interesting watching the postman have to pull a couple of hundred letters out of my mailbox and put them in the outgoing box in his truck.



Sometimes when a bunch of QSLs come in he looks at me and grins. Once he asked me what they were all about so the next day I brought out a handful of QSL cards and showed him. Then I explained that they were sent as proof of contact and told him how the system works.



My kitty today is being a pest which is what cats are supposed to be.



Anyone that has had a cat before knows who the boss of the house is and that is the cat. The cat runs the house and that is simply that. It is the way, the truth and the life with cats.



I think that the reason employers will not let you bring cats to work is because when the cat decides it wants something then everything else comes to a screeching halt. You would never get any work done and with my QSLs being filled out and the cat running around the house you can bet that I am going to have problems getting all of the QSLs filled out because the cat will hop up on my lap and demand attention.



Oh, well.



Anyway, it is good to be back home. It is th circumstances that suck. Like most people I do not like being injured.



Oh, just dandy.



I have looked out the back window making a cursory inspection of my antenna and it looks like the phantom 550 cord thief has struck again. Every so often I have to go out and replace the 550 cord holding my antenna up because someone has cut the end off and stolen it. It looks like I am going to have to deal with that later on today.



When I arrived home Friday night my neighbor met me in the driveway and we went in and I offered him a drink. I gave him aa 100ml bottle of Beam which he mixed with Coke. When he had mixed the drink I told him to peel the label off the bottle and throw it on the floor for the cat to play with.



It proved to be a good choice as the cat has been batting the damned thing around off and on for a couple of days now.



I used to rotate pizza boxes with the cat I used to have because he used to like to lay on fresh pizza boxes. While I seldom order a delivery pizza it was Neighbor Bob that would often bring his pizza boxes over the house and toss them in the cat's favorite corner after he picked up the old pizza box.



It's funny what we do for our animal friends.



I once asked a vet why he didn't go the people medecine route and he told me that when you make a dog stop hurting he is grateful. When you make a person stop hurting he will be grateful for about 5 minutes and then start trying to figure out ways to sue you.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. On the news...there is some kinda brain worm parasite that some cats carry, that results in an increased risk of suicide. No kidding. Look it up.

    Hope you are well.

    Philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not the parasite that drives cat owners to the edge. It is the cat itself.

    ReplyDelete