Monday, August 20, 2012

There are very few ham radio operators with simple names and addresses.





Right now I am working on sending out a couple hundred QSL cards and there are not a whole lot of them that are being sent to, say, Bill Lewis, POB 325, Divide, CO, 12345. That would be too simple.



A quick glance and you can remember the entire thing long enough to write it down on the envelope.



Most hams seem to have names and addresses like this:



Benjamanowski Stephapadawozanowski

112948572B East 374th Street West, apartment 8-D, second floor, Liberty building box 294

Leichstieriania by-the-sea, North Dakota, 12345



Of course, this means when you are addressing envelopes that you have to look at this, grab four or five letters and write them down, return and figure out where you left off and then grab another few letters and write them down and repeat the entire tedious process.



Right now I am at the stage where I only have about 50 more QSL cards to fill out and address so I suppose I can put this project to bed tomorrow morning when I stuff the entire thing into the mailbox and put the flag up.



Needless to say I will sit at home until he comes to see the look on his face as he pulls out a couple of bales of outgoing QSL cards. It ought to be pretty good.



Then again maybe he won't be surprised as he has seen a boatload of incoming QSL cards and knows that I answer each and every one of them.



It'll be interesting to see what happens.






my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment