Saturday, August 4, 2012

I just heard that Gunny Ermey was on the range

for the Garand Match for the (I believe) 8th straight year. He's the real deal.

A few years ago he beat me out of ten bucks payabe to Toys for Tot when he smoked me. He's a really good shot.

When I went to wash up this morning there was this little hottie floating around in the camp area and it like of galled me. Her father should have kicked her in the ass and made her put some damned clothes on. If it was my daughter I sure the hell would have. A skimpy bikini as outerwear is totally inappropriate around here.

One glance as I was passing by and I knew she knew what she was doing.

Personally I do not find a little chickee a quarter my age to be interesting but there are an awful lot of guys here that are a lot closer to ber age than I am and I would imagine there are a lot of older guys that are attracted to young stuff. I'm not and generally do not even look twice at a woman under the age of 40 or so.

Some parents just don't think.

The radio station has failed to live up to expectations as I do not have as many QSOs as I thought I would have. Yesterday help finally arrived and he brought a more powerful rig but the extra 70 watts doesn't seem to help. Propogation had baan lousy and the bands have been in sad shape all week. About the only DX I have snagged has been Bermuda, but it was pretty clear, I'd say a 5x5.

On the other hand I have managed to keep the little 30 watt station for an entire week on solar panels which is pretty slick. I have learned a few things. Last night's visitors included a couple of Marine commo guys that were interested in how my solar panels were working out.

I figured that I would be visited by both services when word got out I was running a solar powered station.

I also charged my cell phone with the panels.

Gotta go as I have much to do. It is 1000 and I have to get things up and running by 1200 and there is lots to do.






my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment