Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hey, you young studs want a tip from an old man?

You guys can laugh all you want, but yesterday I went about my business in my pink Kalashnikitty T-shirt. I went to WallyWorld and the supermarket and four (count 'em, FOUR) different women between the ages of about 18 and 35 commented on whaat a cute shirt I was wearing.

Tough guys wear pink. Chicks dig it.

While none of these women were of an age I find interesting, I thought I would pass this on to you younger  guys.





Today is going to be hectic because I have to take care of quite a few things as things caught up with me as I spent the last week at Perry. I owe the people there an After Action Report of some sort and I will write that soon.

I have to conjure up a QSL card for those that we QSO'd with and have one in the making as I write. The makker is the same one I had make up the cards I use for PRC-320 QSOs and I snagged a picture of a couple of guys with Garands taken at the JCG match. The proof just arrived and when it gets tuned up it should be good to go.

Already a number of QSL cards have arrived and I have dutifully matched them up with the log and as of now, half of the QSLs received included SASEs and one of them included an SASE and a buck to defray expenses. Thank you. It will help as it looks like the cards will run in the area of about $60 which isn't too bad.

Predictions of 1000 QSOs made by another guy involved were not met and I'll attribute much of that due to the fact that we advertised months before the event and people read the ads and forgot about it when it came up.

I am stiill pretty impressed that I could run the rig for 5 days on solar power and when I put the charger on after the fifth day it didn't take very long for the batteries to chaarge right up.

On the home front, the cat is doing well and is not the same little kitty I first was afraid he would be. He is far more outgoing and isn't scared anymore. Having a 10 year-old cat sitter helped, I am sure and the little guy is now jumping up on me. Orange cats are generally pretty affectionate and smart and I might be able to get this little guy to walk with me on a leash sometime soon. We'll see.






my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Great report of all the goings on's at Camp Perry.
    Isn't it great to still have adventures....

    SGD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is.

    Having adventures is the only thing that keeps my temple from meeting a revolver barrel.

    As the late Blaine Welsh said, if you don't have an imagination and a sense of humor, you might as well jump.

    Blaine was killed in a skiff wreck off the Jersey coast some years ago. I miss the sick bastard. God, he made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete