Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Sunday morning

I spent yesterday weeding the flower beds which is par for this year. It is going to be a wet summer if things do not change. It is one of those summers where everything will grow but a decent lawn.

Weeding was a bitch. It seems that the thistle are trying to take over the world this year. It would be easier to yank everything BUT the thistle and have an Addams Family garden. I could run around snipping the buds off of the roses also like Morticia Addams did.

The Marigolds look OK but I guess I got the small variety. A couple of years ago I planted from seed and they were like little trees. They were huge.

I suppose that if things stay like this I will have to mow the lawn every four or five days.

Even the deer are a little strange this year. I've seen them running through the yard for no apparent reason. That is a little strange.

I have a few things to do today. One of them is find my cell phone that seems to have mysteriously disappeared. I do not have a good feeling about this. My guess is that it is lost forever but I'll hunt for it today.

As I was writing the paragraph above something came over me. I got up and went over to the couch and lifted the cushion and there it was. Thank God. It must have slipped out of my pocket when I was watching TV with kitty.

I have a canteen cup that's about half full of change that I might cash in today. I'll think about it. Thew last time I did this I wound up with about $50. 

These days have been chilly in the mornings and I have only had one good summer sweat so far.  It makes me wonder about global warming. Global cooling seems to be more like it in the Pittsburgh region. 

One of the things I notice about the hypocrisy in the hippie types is that they want to tell OTHER people what to do. At Lowe's I ran into some hippie chick that gave me an unsolicited lecture on the evils of Roundup weed killer, which I seldom if ever use. I was looking at the ingredients on the bottle when she gave me the lecture.

Anyway I saw her with one of the particularly nasty brands of insect killer in her basket. My guess is that ants give her the heebie jeebies and she found them entering her house.

Two-faced twit. She is what we used to call a D.C.I.T. when I lived in Kodiak. I won't tell you what the acronym means.

ANyway, that's today's post.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment