Sunday, June 22, 2014

One of the things that irks the hell out of me

It the way some people justify things that are just plain wrong.

Take the clown I met a while ago that is an Occupy Wall Street type. He was bragging about 'sticking it to the man'.

Apparently he had managed to steal some equipment from a telephone truck and bragging about how he had struck a victory for the common man or some other such baloney.

I guess he wanted to brag about how he was some kind of hero.

Of course, this didn't go as well as he had planned.

"So you're standing here bragging about breaking into a parked truck and stealing the tools that some working stiff uses to feed his family. Is that what you're bragging about? You're telling everyone here that you're a common thief, correct?"

He didn't like that very much.

"So you stole some working man's tools and didn't think for a second that he's going to have to report the theft and most likely the poor slob will get in trouble for it," I continued. "What's worse yet is that you're bragging about it."

He hemmed and hawed a bit.

"If someone broke into your house, car, whatever, and stole from you I would never hear the end of it," I continued.

I turned to leave and from the looks of the people around me I knew they were looking at this guy in a different light.

People try justify crimes with all sorts of excuses but the way I see it, if you take something that doesn't belong to you then you are a plain and simple thief.


*********
In other news I just made a QSO with Andorra, an interesting country between Spain and France.

Andorra requires all men between the age of 21 and 60 to either own or have access to a rifle.

They are also the longest belligerent with Germany during WW1. They were not part of the Versailles treaty and technically stayed at war with Germany until 1939.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment