Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One

of my favorite things to hear is when an idiot tells me, "It's OK. I know all the cops."

I heard that one a while back from someone I was giving a ride to under strange circumstances. A friend asked me to run him home. This guy was a shifty sort. He was related to my friend and my friend had his car in the shop at the time.

 I was tooling along at legal speed and this shady customer said it was OK for me to speed up because he knew all the cops.

I dropped him off and forgot about it until the next day when I ran into one of the few cops I do know and mentioned what had happened the previous day.

The cop asked me who the guy was and I told him.

"He does know us all," said the policeman.

"He does?" I asked, somewhat surprised.

"Sure does," replied the cop. "I know him from arresting him for drunk driving, Smitty knows him from a domestic call, Deegan and Klien both got him for public intoxication and Cinzano hauled him in for stealing milk crates behind a supermarket."

"I guess he was right," I answered, dryly. "He DOES know all the cops."



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment