Monday, June 2, 2014

One of the things I plan on doing this summer

 is to try and get the soles of my feet as hard as they were when I was a kid growing up.

They'd be soft about this time of year but by the Fourth of July they were pretty damned tough. By the beginning of August I could walk across just about anything barefoot.

I can remember the heat under my feet as I walked barefoot across blacktop in the middle of July and recall that it just didn't seem to register much. At least not as much as it did on Memorial Day weekend.

Of course, by Memorial Day I had likely been running around barefoot for the better part of a month.

Anyway, this summer I think I am going to go barefoot quite a bit. It's good to let one's feet breathe.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. I guess you work on a boat several weeks at a time, right? I have no idea what that's like. Want to blog about that? What do the boats carry? Where do the boats go? How many guys are on the boat? Do you work shifts, and hang around the boat the rest of the time? It'd be great to hear about a lifestyle that most of us have never experienced.

    ReplyDelete