Friday, February 6, 2015

I have repeated time and again


 that I am not a professional sports fan. My sports are competitive shooting and I like to watch certain sailboat races.

Over the past few months I have heard a lot of people talking about nothing but football which is in Pittsburgh routine. Pittsburgh is a town with a serious football program.

In fact, the problem is so bad that I have heard Pittsburghers defending Joe Paterno. Anything to win the Big Game. So what if he was covering for that animal serial pedophile Jerry Sandusky. I do digress...

One of the things I hear a lot about at work from a couple of Patriots fans is that they run a pretty clean team which strikes me as a pretty good thing.

They keep their people in line and don't permit them to badmouth each other or other teams and players on line. They don't tolerate their players getting into legal trouble. They don't tolerate their players creating disturbances off the field. 

Start a brawl in a club or bring discredit to the organization and you are out. They don't allow it.

Over the years I have heard a number of jokes about players getting into trouble off the field and having the club cover to keep the hotshot player on the field the following weekend.

The Patriots don't really put up with that crap and have let a number of hotshot players go over the past several years.

The club has their ways and players are expected to conduct themselves accordingly.

I have to admit that a part of why I have paid little atention to football over the years is because I consider a lot of them to be a bunch of over pampered spoiled brats. The clubs and to an extent, the fans let them get away with this kind of thing.

Quarterback Tom Brady has a pretty good reputation as a family guy and a generally all-around nice guy. He seems pretty down to earth and really seems to be a pretty good role model.

Of course, his detractors will likely be upset that he brought his kids to the recent victory parade. There's always some jerk that would make a mountain out of a mole hill and claim he was exposing his kids to noise and chaos. If that's all they have they might as well just keep quiet. I'd bring my kids if I were him, too.

Another Patriot recently made the news when he stopped at a traffic accident and pitched in. I read that he hauled an injured woman out of her vehicle while aiding the police.

I suppose that if I were to start to get interested in football I'd become a Patriots fan even though I live in Pittsburgh. My Steeler fan neighbors with their football problems can just take a hike.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment