Sunday, May 3, 2015

An open letter to all Navy SEALS.



I have met a few of you over the years and you have never failed to impress me. You're good man and I sleep a whole lot better with you guys on the job. You guys got a lotta Moxie!

I mean no insult by this letter. None whatsoever.

However many of you guys just don't seem to get it.

Every time Seal Team Six gets mentioned you guys start correcting whoever brings it up that it is actually now The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG), or DEVGRU.

Give it up.

Yes, I am aware of the history of DEVGRU. In '87 Richard Marcinko was assigned to put together and anti terrorism SEAL force and he named it Seal Team Six to keep the Russians guessing how many teams we actually had.

Well, the name stuck and when the name changed in'87 to its present DEVGRU the American public didn't really give a damn. They kept calling you guys Seal Team Six.

Get over it. The American public wants Seal Team Six. Give them SEAL Team Six and quit correcting them.

Many of us know what the official name is. We simply prefer SEAL Team Six to the Navy acronym. It's really that simple. SEAL Team Six just has a nicer ring to it and is easier to remember.

Besides, a lot of civvies don't really care for confusing acronyms.

The next time a civvie refers to SEAL Team Six, simply save your breath. You know what he means and he likely knows that the official name is DEVGRU. He simply prefers to call you guys SEAL Team Six.

Get over it. Besides, you ain't the Lone Ranger.

The name my everybody calls me isn't the name my mother gave me as an infant. I fought the change for years until I simply decided it wasn't worth fighting over.

You guys save your energy for someone worth using it on. It is likely the one battle the SEALs will not win.

The American public has spoken. You guys are stuck with the name SEAL Team Six. Get over it.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment