Saturday, June 8, 2019

Medals.

I was watching a video of an infantry company getting ready to enter Fallujah several years ago.

"I don't want to have to write up any citations for medals today," said the company commander.

While I don't doubt the courage of a medal recipient, I will go on record to say that any time one is awarded it means someone further up the chain didn't do their job perfectly. If they had then some poor GI would not have had to do something courageous.

Yet it never seems to work that way. It always seems like GIs that should be entering scorched earth wind up going into a hornet's nest. 

It would make me pretty damned happy to see our GIs accomplish their missions with no casualties and not having to be awarded medals but I don't see that happening in the near future.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment