Saturday, June 15, 2019

Sometimes people don't know when it doesn't get any better

Back around Y2K I bought my first new vehicle, a Tacoma pickup. I won't get into the details but at the time it cost me about $11,400 out the door.

I ran the living hell out of it and by 2009 I had 170,000 miles on it. That comes to nearly 19,000 miles/year!

I only had to put an alternator and a couple of brake jobs into it. It even had the original clutch and water pump in it when I got rid of it.

By 2009 the frame rusted out and the Toyota recall bought it back from me for about $7500! 

Let's do the math. the truck itself cost me $3900 to own for nine years. That's about $433/year for a reliable pickup.

It doesn't get any better than that! You can't lease or otherwise get a reliable pickup for $433/year. It just doesn't happen.

Yet someone tried to tell me I got ripped off.

Go figure.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment