Sunday, September 6, 2020

College kids are a pain in the a$$.

Apprenticeship types of the same age not so much. They have to go to work and pay taxes.

For college kids the rule of thumb is the more worthless the degree thay are after the more useless they are. The students going after STEM degrees are generally better grounded than the liberal arts types. That's probably because they have a realistic plan unlike a puppetry major.

I am still in awe at the guy with a master's in puppetry that was moaning about not starting off at $175K and his college debt but I digress.

When I first moved to Kodiak I noticed that "I'm a college student." didn't really draw a skipper's attention when he was looking for a crewman anywhere near as much as "I just got out of the army and I need a job" did. The former sometimes drew smirks, the latter got the skipper's attention.

I am not including veterans or people that have been in the work force for a while and decided to go back to school. For purposes of this I am talking about kids that went straight to college from high school. These older students have actually seen real life and their attitude is likely different.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment