Friday, September 18, 2020

Someone once asked me what it was like in the army back in my day.

Of course I could not let that one slide.

I told him that about a year after I had graduated from jump school the army started issuing parachutes.

The young GI took a second, his mouth opened then he turned a bit red in the face and finally laughed like hell.

Another person asked me about Air Assault units.

I gave a thoughtful look to him and told him it was a lot like the old horse cavalry butinstead of horses every trooper was responsible to take care of the pterodactyl that was issued to him to fly him into combat.

This guy had never been in the service and I do believe he took the entire hook, line and sinker.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Hash, what's you think about them military gays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the troops don't care about someone's sexuality then why should I?

    ReplyDelete