Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I just saw where some woman said that the outdoors is racist.

She was griping that people of color are not wanted in the woods which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

What is she talking about? Do Grizzly Bears dine strictly on people of color? Do ticks avoid white people and opt for blacks? Is this institutional racism? A conspiracy involving Mother Nature?

What the hell is she talking about? It makes no sense at all to me. I have never heard of plants, trees or animals opting to do what they do based on race, religion or anything at all.

Truth is there are people of all colors that enjoy the outdoors but among blacks it does seem to be a minority. Not many blacks do camp or hike. I have seen very few hunt but I have seen a number of them fishing.

I don't know why that is but if anything it's a cultural thing of some sort. It has nothing to do with the outdoors.

In fact if she wants to knock that chip off her shoulder and start doing things in the woods she''s very likely to find the people she meets there are more than willing to welcome her aboard. I've seen this with all sorts of outdoor activities.

Actually common interests generally punch a hole clean through racist behavior. Using a car club for an example if some guy of ANY color shows up with a well built hot rod of some sort that he built with his hands he's going to get a lot of respect for his skill and talent because enthusiasts generally forget about what color someone is when they show up with a really creative ride.

Same holds for a lot of other things.

Actually back in the day the ere were a lot more blacks hunting, camping and in the outdoors than they are today. Many of these people were city dwellers that would fire up the family buick and head out to deer camp to get some meat.

Now that I think of it I wonder what that complaining woman would do if someone gave her a couple of venison steaks. My guess is she would throw them out after saying 'Yuck! I ain't gonna eat me no deer meat!'

Of course, the Gospel According to Piccolo says if someone wants something to complain about, you give them something to complain about. 

Give the complainer a tupperware bowl full of venison spaghetti sauce and afterwards after she tries it and says how good it is tell her it was venison. The scraaching would be epic.

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment