Monday, August 8, 2022

I got the skinny from a chick running a 3-4 year old electric car

and she reports that the batteries don't hold a very good charge anymore. She has to charge them constantly and a full charge lasts her not even 100 miles.

As usual, I wait before I jump into technology unlike the cool kids who go charging right in there.

I don't think I would like to make a transcontinental run in an electric right about now.  I think that having to charge up so often would add a lot of time to the trip.

It takes quite a while to recharge an electric and they seem to get about 300 miles per charge.

My pickup on a long haul can get about 550 miles between fill ups on the Interstate and I can be fuelsed up and back in the race in about 10 minutes.

An Uber driver running a Tesla told me the savings in fuel don't offset the cost of the car very much. Also electricity is pretty expensive in California.

When I called Uber she was sitting at a charging station and told me she took my call to the airport because she lived near it and was headed home anyway. She interrupted her charge and figured that she would not have to deadhead home. Smart cookie. Most likely she contiuned her charge when she got home.

My nephew, an IT guy seems to have it figured out pretty well and he generally has things figured out pretty good. He has both as he's married and a two car family. On top of that, the EV is charged with a solar charger which makes things more inexpensive yet. He sells his unused solar made electricity back to the power company to boot.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment