Monday, August 1, 2022

About twenty years ago something happened and I don't know what it was

that made me take a cold, hard look at myself and make a self- assessment. Maybe it was part of a mid life crisis. Who knows? Then again, who cares?

I am short at 5'6". Not particularly of a body type the Chippendales are looking for nor am I good looking enough to be a movie star. I had bad teeth at the time. Hollywood was out of the question.

I'm of slightly higher intelligence which means little. If I were average that meas 49.99999999999% of everyone else was dumber than me. I suppose it means 50.000000001% of everyone is dumber than me. That means Space-X is not knocking at my door at all hours to hire me and either is Microsoft.

I have a limited formal education, high school and a little college.

Years ago a girlfriend said, "Beautiful people don't have to do anything but stay beautiful." I am NOT one of the beautiful people'.

I do have a quick wit coupled with an awfully dry sense of humor.

I'm in a job that fits me well.

I sat down and added everything up and decided I was actually OK.

Shortly afterwards I learned to like myself and assessed a few other things. I have a job that at least keeps me interested in things, some pretty good friends and neighbors and a fairly kind and forthright nature.

After I learned to basically like myself things got a lot better. 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments: