Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Flying on a budget airline to Florida

where they give you only a free 'personal item' for free luggage is a snap.

The Official Personal Item Size of budget airlines is 14x18x8 inches and one can easily pack 5 sets of undershorts, 5 T-shirts, two pairs of cargo shorts, a can of deodorant, a bar of soap, a pair of flip flops and a Banana Republic safari coat into it. That's all you need. 

Visiting family is easy. It's not like Donald Trump has invited me to go to Mar a Largo for a couple of weeks and I have to cart all sorts of fancy clothes with me. 

A lot of people get all worked up over going someplace and because I am visiting family it's a lead pipe cinch I am not going to be carted off to fancy restaurants. Both my sisters still work and it's likely I'll be doing some of the cooking. So-called 'fine dining' is a joke, anyway. 

I do want to go to a Waffle House, though. Preferably late, just after the bars close so I can be enjoy the floor show but I digress.

Bars are another place you probably won't find me, either. Nope.

I'll be just fine in Florida with what I can cram into a personal item.


Update: I packed and had room for all of the above including a long sleeved shirt with a collar into my 'personal item' and still have room to spare.

88888888888888888888888888888888888

When my wife looked at the airline baggage policy she said that my carry-on was going to be expensive. I reolied, "Don't worry. I got this."

Apparently she forgot I was headed to Florida and her eyes got wide and she said, "You can't board the plane wearing all the clothes you're taking! You'll look like Ralphie's little brother in hs snowsuit!"

That made me want to get on the airplane wearing 4 pairs of pants, 6 sets of underwear and six shirts, flip flops in my back pockets just to watch the resulting conniption fit but she's not going with me so I won't. 

Oh yeah. T-shirts.

I'm still living small and most of mine are kinda grubby so I figred I buy a half dozen new ones for the trip from Walmart. They always have a pile of them in different colors for about $5 each. 

When I got there they were not the usual cotton so I left and wondered what to do. I didn't want to root around the storage place.

On the way home I passed a Goodwill and on a whim pulled in and hit the jackpot with a bunch that were new with tags for $3 each. Done deal.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment