Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Yesterday an old friend and coworker asked me if I was going to write that book

which left us both in stitches.

About the time I turned 65 one of the guys asked me why I didn't retire.

"Because the office made me an offer I can't refuse after they heard i was going to write aa book exposing the entire industry," I replied. "I got a pretty good raise and they saaid that I could work as long as I wanted and when I could no longer work they'd pension me at 3/4 pay for life so long as I don't write it."

"Really?" he asked.

"Absolutely," I replied and knew that line of crap would go through the fleet like a dose of salts. It did and got back to me a couple of times and needless to say I said it was true even though a couple of guys asked their various supervisors who said it wasn't true.

Anyway, he reminded me of it and we shared a laugh.

Then he grew serious and told me I ought to write a book about my career.

While most of it has been fairly stable and (somewhat) professional it has had its moments.

I'm thinking it over but probably won't hecause I don't want to lose my 3/4 pay pension. ;)


 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment