Sunday, March 19, 2023

Running amok in Florida

which is cool because it's warm here and colder than hell back in Pitt.

The rental car is something that belongs on Star Trek. I needed a coach to help me get the damned thing started. It has all sorts of stuff that I don't know how to use and really have no use for.

It does have a better GPS than the Suzie Garmen on the dash of my pickup. It also has a pretty good head's up display which is a good thing. 

The head's up also coordinaes with the GPS which is also a pretty good deal.

Still, it's too complex for me.

I've been flying by the seat of my pants and run manual transmissions for too long that I have to be on my toes when I start up because I tend to automatically feel for the clutch pedal that is not there when I start. Once I am rolling I am good to go.

The doors lock automatically and if I leave the key fob inside to step out I'm screwed. 

Quick fix.

There's a piece of 550 cord in my pack so I cut a piece off and now wear the key fob around my neck.

I'm starting to get comfortable with it now but I am going to have to be on my toes for another few days until I get used to the damned thing.

Whatever.

It is a comfortable cruiser, though.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment