Monday, April 15, 2024

Did some pretty good shooting yesterday

The first thing I did was scrawl 'OOC' (Out of competition) across my scorecard which meant I was just shooting to be shooting. I had to get out of the house.

I had my service rifle with me along with my bolt gun and at the last minute grabbed the bolt gun for reasons I won't get into.

I used the slow offhand to tune the scope up a bit and got it dialed in and just played around with the rapids. I got three off on the first string and five off on the second string and did OK. I was waiting for slow prone.

Not only did I keep all of my rounds in the black, but I had no sevens and only a couple of eights, ending up with a 184/200 which ain't that bad and is pretty good when you figure the X-ring is 1.79 inches in diameter and the 8-ring is 7.79 inches in diameter at 200 yards.

That means I kept 20 consecutive shots inside 3.9 MOA and on top of that only had a couple of eights.

Considering my eyesight has gotten so bad that even through the scope I was holding on the center of a blur that ain't too bad.

I've got an eye appointment coming up and I think I'm going to go and get my eyes fixed and see what happens. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment