Monday, April 29, 2024

Sailboat size for ocean travel.

I figure about 27 to 35 feet sounds about right, depending on if one is singlehanding or running with someone else.

Anything smaller won't carry enough food and water and anything much bigger requires too much maintenance.

My Sailstar Corsair was 24' 7" and was suitable for crossing the Gulf of Alaska a couple of times. While I was living in Kodiak I probably could have gone to Hawaii in her but I would have been pretty dried out and skinny when I arrived.

Here's a couple of file photos.


I had the dinette model. I 



Full keel and attached rudder as seen here.

Click on the images.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment