Wednesday, April 17, 2024

I may be 100% wrong but I think that if


Israel could just whack the Ayatollahs with little collateral damage that Iran would westernize in a heartbeat.

I am old enough to recall the influx of Iranians that immigrated to the States after the Shah got the boot. In fact I knew a number of Iranians. Some of them had a relationship of some sort with the Shah. One was the son of the Shah's personal photographer. 

I got the feeling that the reason the Shah got booted out was because of corruption and not necessarily religious fervor. When something like that happens people tend to think that anything is an improvement.

Then again I might be 180 degrees off course.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. That was then. Since then, Iranians have been subjected to 45 years of anti-American/anti-western propaganda. What effect has that had? I am no expert on Persian social trends, but I have to imagine it has not been good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may very well be right. 45 years IS a long time. A lot can change.

    One thing I HAVE heard is that when a flight is made to Dubai the minute the seat belt signs turn off a LOT of women head to the woman's room in burkas and come out in western attire.

    ReplyDelete