Wednesday, April 3, 2024

One day going through the chow line.

I was going through the eggs to order line and wanted a ham and cheese omelet. The cook was having a bad day and as he was flipping it the omelet slipped off the spatula and busted open a bit.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Just cook it and serve it to me. It'll be just fine. I see you're having a bad day .. Maybe it'll get a little better."

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yeah, no problem. It'll be just fine," I said.

And it was. The omelet went in one end and out the other like it was supposed to.

Not making a big deal out of a lousy omelet turned out to be one of the most fruitful things I did in the Army. From that day on he always took extra good care of me in the chow line.

In garrison it was OK but in the field it was a Godsend.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment