Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Captain Piccolo, Licensed US Merchant Marine Officer.

Retired.

Update.

At 2329Z  the wheels hit the tarmac and it was all over.

The flight was great as I mentioned retirement and the aircrew that said they were serving the First Class passengers beer or wine quietly 'just happened' to find a little leftover Bourbon and slipped me a couple.  

Incidentally it was my first flight traveling in First class and it only cost me about $10 extra.

Do the math. First Class was $60 more then economy and I got free luggage (-$30) plus priority boarding (another -$20)

Add the free drinks at about $10 apiece (x2) and I suppose I came out $5-10 ahead when you think about it.

Not bad.

________________________________

And, oh, yeah.

I was there early and was wandering around as they were boarding at another gate. I heard the gatekeeper announce that the First Class passengers could board.

So in a loud voice I added, "And the rest of you dwarfs, cripples, hunchbacks, lepers and beggars can wait until the landed gentry is seated."

Most of the economy passengers were clearly amused.

The gatekeeper was not, at least outwardly.

Needless to say, I didn't stick around.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment