Thursday, November 10, 2022

I have a pretty good solar cell phone charger and I think I am going to

try and get some idea of how effecient it really is.

I got taken on one of those bricks with a panel in it that only serves to keep the thing topped off. This is a bona fide folding set of 3 panels that actually does something. I've used it before and didn't really keep score on how effecient it really is and curiosity is starting to get to me.

It's outside in direct sunlight and attached to a basic flip phone. I put it there at 0945. I guess I am going to have to check it often to make sure that when the sun moves it doesn't get into the shade.

We shall see what we shall see.

=======================

Update.

As usual the sun went in and out but I have conclused a 15 Watt panel can charge a phone in between 2-3 hours if one has good, direct sunlight.

100% in 4 hours and a LOT, maybe as much as a half of the time the unit was in the shade.

Couple that with the fact that I laid it flat instead of propped it up to actually face the sun squarely.

Pretty good if you ask me.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment