Tuesday, November 29, 2022

I have a wonderful life!

I just boiled water for hot buttered rum on a gas stove in a USGI canteen cup. A bit primitive, yet I have a nice hot buttered rum next to me as I type.

I just got out of a nice, warm shower that was jury rigged to the laundry tub in the basement and I'm sparkling clean.

I spent the day in the kitchen reassembling things and cleaning up. Things are moving along slowly.

Tonight I will sleep in a comfortable, warm bed set up in the living room but that's OK. I'll even have my CPAP up and running.

Someone asked me why I'm not upset and that at 71 life should not be like this for me. I smiled.

How should it be? I'm rebuilding after a fire. Life threw me a curve but it's not all that bad.

Everry now and then I look at a picture taken by a guy named Kevin Carter and I look at it every so often when I start to feel sorry for myself.

I was going to post it here but decided not to. Google 'The vulture and the little girl'. SHE has something to feel bad about.

FWIW shortly after the picture was taken the photographer taped a hose to his car exhaust and put the other end in the cab of his pickup.

Can't say as I blame him.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Very familiar with that picture. Odds are she is not even aware of self pity. She is living “in the now”.

    ReplyDelete