Friday, November 25, 2022

Had a good Thanksgiving

Which was great.

Now back to camping in. 

I have a reefer and a stove up and running which are the basics. Today it's off to the storage locker for a few basics so I can prepare my meals here. I am NOT dragging a whole lot home with me, just a few basics.

This is still a case where less is more although as soon as everything in the kitchen is cleaned up I might drag some more stuff in but I am not going to go 100% back to the way it was.

----------------------------------------------

In other news the guy I used to occasionally post as Neighbor Bob stroked out about a week ago. I have no current word on him and it doesn't look very good according to another neighbor. If it is anywhere near as bad as I have heard I hope he has an easy passing. He's been a damned good friend and neighbor for the past 30 years and will be very much missed. As usual, because i am out of town all the time I was one of the last to find out.

I'm going to have to be intuitive when I catch up with his wife because she's overly sensitive and it's easy for me to be a clumsy oaf.

The truth is I am astonished he made it this far after  his major heart operation many years ago. It was nothing shy of a miracle that he lasted this long.

Of course I can't say that to his widow. Sometimes people call me cold and calloused and I'm not. It's just that I see a lot of things a lot clearer than most. 

While some people may think he was cheated because he lasted only to 62, I think it's nothing short of amazing that he made it this long when you consider what he was up against. He did get the gift of being able to see his daughter grow up and that's a lot.

When he goees I'll not mourn his passing but instead I'll remember our time together. 





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment