Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Update from a previous post: The kitchen is now 100% operational.

I had to borrow a knife and a spatula from my neighbor to start cooking breakfast with. I used it this morning and cleaned it well. I'll return it tonight when she gets home from work.

Once fed it was up and off to the storage unit for about an hour's worth of digging. Fortunately the cardboard boxes they used to haul everything out in were reasonably well marked. While I dumped the general contractor early on I will give him credit for carefully organizing my stuff and packaging it well when they emptied the place.

It wasn't too bad although I found a couple of odds and ends that were out of pllace in the boxes but that's to be expected. If I can't use it here it now or in the extremely near future it gets returned to the storage unit.

I made a pretty good lunch shortly before I declared it operational.

Of course there's more to do but I can breathe a little. The microwave works and that's a BIG plus. It took the entire morning and part of the afternoon but it's sure worth it. 

Tomorrow: Upstairs toilet gets installed. That means when I have to go I have to go upstairs but it's actually somewhat of an improvement of the way things are now.

Another thing I ought to do tomorrow is take down that damned cat cage. It's big enough for a small pony and comes apart easily enough.

More later. Got to get ready to go to an Irish wake.

I'm going to look like hell, I suppose but that's OK. I think the neighbors know I'm living out of a single footlocker. I suppose that as closet space returns I can bring clothes back home...or at least a big part of my wardrobe. Some of it I am outright going to pitch as I rethink a few things.

One thing I am going to do is hang my old army uniform up in the kitchen entryway as a reminder not to eat so damned much. I'm still pretty close to getting the pants on comfortably and not need a come-along to pull both ends of the waist together.

Protip for guys getting out of the military. Buy a uniform a couple of sizes larger to put in the closet because that chap government issue cloth shrinks over time.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment