Tuesday, November 15, 2022

I am watching the Jack Benny program, an OLD rerun

which first aired when I was a small child.

It certainly has passed the test of time because it is just as funny now as it was when it first came out.

I was talking about things like this to a guy 20 yeas my junior and suggested he overlook the fact that the movies are in black and white and check out Laurel and Hardy or the Marx Brothers. 

Looks like we're going to spend a Night at the Opera.

One of the things I sometimes tell young people to do is to Googe 'Marx Brothers, the cabin scene' and tell me what they think of it.

I have yet to have one single person that did that report to me that they didn't laugh their ass off.

A person could probably go through life entertained by pre 1960 movies and not really miss a whole lot.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment