Monday, February 22, 2010

I am due off of this slab in a week

and the weather is just starting to break.

Shooting season is coming up and I think I will be fairly active this year. I sort of gave it a bit of a rest for the 2009 season. This year is going to be a bit different.

I'm going to go for it and start getting after the guys in the club to start paying a little attention to my scores. Over the years they have been lax about sending the scores into the NRA and I am only carrying a Marksman's card in my wallet even though I have been shooting Sharpshooters scores for years.

I have let this slide as I really do not sweat the small stuff and I have been a shooter mainly as an exercise in self-improvement, but I think it's now time to get myself some credentials in the service rifle catagory. Lord knows I'm eligible and overdue for this.

Mrs Pic also expressed some interest in learning the fine art of rifle marksmanship and that's pretty unusual. She's been quite a bright spark lately and if she wants to spend some time with me on the range, that's a good thing.

Hell, I might just build her a kit rifle to use if she decides to shoot an actual match. I haven't built a rifle in years.

Of course, early March can go to holy hell in a heartbeat, but we'll see how things work out.

We'll see.







my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment