Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am trying to get the Tarzan yell as the ringtone

on my cell phone. It may take an act of congress because Tracfone makes a big deal out making me use their ringtone selection, which is limited.

I'm going to write them and see if they'll make one for me.

Now, the Tarzan yell is a very interesting piece of Americana. Almost everyone has heard it and most people recognize it.

When anyone over thirty hears it, they generally start looking around to see which direction the elephants are coming from. They know what it means.

The official Tarzan yell was originated by Johnny Weissmuller, who was one of the original portrayers of Tarzan in the movies. He actually created the one of a kind trademark for all Tarzans to follow. Almost every single Tarzan that has followed Weissmuller on the silver screen has used the original Weissmuller yell, dubbing it in as nobody since has been able to imitate it.

I suppose most of the kids today haven't seen the Tarzan movies with Johnny Weissmuller, because kids today seem to require things like color and special effects, but as a kid they were on TV in the 50s and 60s. I saw them all.

Great entertainmment full of vine swinging, alligator rassling and when Tarzan decided that he didn't like having Jane being held in a native village, he'd give the famous yell and the elephants would come charging through the village.

It was the kind of movie a mother could send a kid to without having to wonder if the kid would come home afterwards and ask mom why none of the actors had any clothes on.

In short, pretty good decent, wholesome entertainment, the type of which seems to be in short supply these days.

From time to time, the yell shows up in some pretty improbable places, and invariable it make me grin.

I think by now anyone that has been reading my blog knows that I am a person that sticks with the classics and does not follow the latest fads. The classics are timeless and always stay in style because they are the classics.

The Tarzan yell is a one of a kind classic.

I want it as my ringtone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone out there has nothing to do, please goo to the tracfone website and open the 'contact us' page and send them a request to add the official Tarzan yell to their selection of available ringtones. Thanks.





my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment